Saturday, September 24, 2016

Flourishes is Back & Rudolph Days Starts the 25th!

I was sad when Flourishes closed as they were one of my favorite companies.  My collection hasn't been used much since then, but now Flourishes is back!  The store is open with brand new sets & a lot of the old ones marked way down.  I was inspired to use one of my favorite sets (retired at the time I won it) for my Rudolph Days GD card.  
I began by embossing the gorgeous wreath in my new Stampendous powder called PEARLuster Moonstone on ivory cardstock.  It is absolutely stunning in person!  I have 3 Spectrum Noir colored Sparkle pens & finally opened the red & the green.  
My first card is made from my practice image where I colored more of the leaves--decided it was good enough to make into a card. The ribbon is colored with gold WOS & the pine cones are done with a brown Faber-Castell big brush pen.  I covered the ornaments in gold Stickles & sponged & splattered with Distress Ink gathered twigs before mounting the panel with rounded corners to a kraft card.  I'm entering ATSMCropStop & PB and More.
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
My second card is one layer with fewer colored leaves, no splatters & very light sponging with Distress Ink antique linen.  
I had the One Layer Simplicity challenge in mind thinking this is a very classic image & sentiment--hopefully making my card qualify as old-fashioned or vintage. I'm also entering SSS Work it WednesdayWord Art Wednesday.  Hope I've inspired you to check out the new Flourishes & to enter Rudolph Days which runs from the 25th to the end of the month.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
OLSworkitwedbannerGrab our badge:

36 comments:

  1. Wow Greta! How gorgeous! So very elegant! Love the shimmery gold detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such classy wreaths, Greta - both are equally as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Greta. What a gorgeous wreath image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning wreath stamp Greta. Two beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant Christmas cards with the wreath, Greta!! Gorgeous shimmery detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the classic, vintage feel of this! So glad you joined us at OLS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular cards Greta!! Wow is the shimmer ever pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your cards Greta! The image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Great, the embossed wreaths are so elegant.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beautiful embossing looks very sumptuous Greta and the coloured leaves and berries really pop from the wreath.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work Greta well done, on sharing such a lovely stamp.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Greta,
    such very gorgeous cards.
    I love that very fab wreath stamp, and what you have created with it.
    The colours are very beautiful, and what a great design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back again Great because I totally missed our challenge in your post, so wanted to say many thanks for joining us at at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgous card Greta, love the embossed stamping and the lovely pop of colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow gorgeous wreath ! I'm going to scroll down to see what I've missed lately (it's been VERY busy). Take good care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful....love the elegant look you created!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow... that wreath has never looked so amazing!! super elegant design, greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card. That wreath is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two absolutely gorgeous cards Greta and you wreath stamp is a beautiful image. Barbxx I

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two fabulous cards Greta and I adore the pretty wreaths with their beautiful embossing. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful wreath! Awesome one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This pearl lustre Moonstone is beautiful on this card. I am loving the sparkle and shimmer you have on this beautiful card.
    The image is so lovely and your sparkle with the colouring and detailing is perfect.
    Thanks for being part of my design Team. It is wonderful toknow I can count on you!L

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love them both! Your second card really has a bit of a vintage-y feel. Gorgeous work Greta, good to see you back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That moonlit embossing on that is so lovely. What a fabulous card. I can't believe it is the 25th (and then some) already. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are both beautiful!! i have the moonstone and don't use it often enough. thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautifully sparkly card Greta. I love the wreath image and you have done it justice with all the colouring and inking.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful wreath stamp, I like both versions.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is GORGEOUS, Greta. The embossing is amazing and the colors are stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your art and talents with us. Have a blessed and creative week.
    Karen L
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! What an elegant Christmas card, Greta! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so regal and festive with all the sparkle! I just love those rounded corners that add so much overall interest!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sparkle and shine, everything you need for Christmas. It's a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both are just lovely, and I must find some of the EP, as it's beautiful on this pretty wreath. Love that you've colored in some of the wreath elements as it added so much sparkle. But it's equally pretty with less coloring. Very dramatic with the ep that you've used. I like Flourish images too...I have some of the older clear stamps, but not bought any of the digis. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning wreaths, Greta! The sparkle...oh my!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.